Metra Train Derails in Chicago:Passengers Share Photos and Videos
Metra Rock Island train services have been suspended in both directions following a train derailment on Monday morning.The incident involving Rock Island train No. 704 occurred around 8:30 a.m. in the vicinity of Clark Street and 15th Street. Originally scheduled to reach the LaSalle Street Station at 8:30 a.m., train No. 704 will now terminate its operation at 35th Street due to the derailment.
Metra has reported a complete halt in both inbound and outbound services near the LaSalle Street area. Significant delays are expected. Additionally, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) will honor Metra tickets at 35th Street and for outbound passengers at the LaSalle Street Station.
When traveling on public transportation, here are some suggestions to stay safe:
- Stay alert to announcements made by train operators and follow their instructions.
- If you notice anything suspicious, report it to the train operator or a police officer.
- Do not take shortcuts by illegally crossing tracks.
- Exercise caution when boarding and disembarking from trains.
- If you feel unsafe, move to another car or seek assistance from the train operator.